Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another Reason That Bowie Rules

There's a long list of reasons to give props to David Bowie. He's written some of the best rock songs ever. He's reinvented himself numerous times without getting too cheesy (for the most part). He was one of the very few white artists to be on Soul Train in the 70s*. He's a diehard New Yorker but sings "I'm Afraid of Americans". He's aged with more dignity than any other rock star. And he married Iman! Now my #1 "must see in concert before I leave this earth" act has added to his list of accomplishments. He's donating $10,000 to the Jena Six's legal defense fund. "There is clearly a separate and unequal judicial process going on in the town of Jena," the Thin White Duke said in an email to the AP. "A donation to the Jena Six Legal Defense Fund is my small gesture indicating my belief that a wrongful charge and sentence should be prevented." Cool.

*(I tried to post a link to a youtube clip of this, but I got the awesome message "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Don Cornelius Productions, Inc" -- Make that money, Don! Solid! )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow i have never seen that Bowie/Jagger video. Thank you! That was definitely dorky but fabulous. I too want to see Bowie in concert, he soooo better have another concert before he dies. Or else... :( :P