Monday, October 1, 2007

Senior Bush Official: "I hate all Iranians"

I plucked this one from the skewers of kabobfest. Oh, lordy. The pleather-drag stormtrooper above is Debra Cagan, Bush's hardline "Deputy Assistant Secretary for Coalition Affairs". She recently hosted a group of British MPs at the Pentagon. During a visit that some of the MPs have characterized as "forceful" and "alarming" Cagan said -- read these unambiguous words very carefully -- "I hate all Iranians."

"I hate all Iranians."

Ahem.

WHAT IN THE HELL KIND OF A WORLD DO WE LIVE IN!!!??? This is a person who is going to have a direct hand in deciding whether men, women, and children in Iran live or die en masse. This bullshit is even worse than "My God was bigger than his".

So: Iran, a country that is still wishing for the most primitive forms of nuclear energy and whose politicians say vaguely threatening things about a POLITICAL SYSTEM, is worse than the US, a country that has thousands of Nth generation nuclear weapons and whose politicians say vicious things about ENTIRE PEOPLES. Why? Because Iran is magically destabilizing the world all by itself? By Congress' own confession (the same Congress that is labelling the Iranian military 'terrorists'), the US is the world's biggest dealer of arms to the third world. I guess somehow we're the good-guy arms dealers. Like "Q" from James Bond or some shit. Sigh...

How much brutal hypocrisy can we as a nation engage in before our collective head a splodes?

10 comments:

Wanda said...

To start, I honest to God thought that was a man. Looking at the picture, I thought, "How is the Gay Iranian thing, turn into I hate Iranians?" I'm glad you explained the picture.

Anywho...

The silliness of government no longer shocks me. Why this "professional" woman would tell complete strangers that she hates Iranians though, is just mind-boggling. I can't really even believe her when she says she hates Iranians, because I can't really think about what she would hate them for. It sounds, to me, like she is buying into bigoted propoganda and spitting back to a group of people she thought would empathize.

Hopefully she get fired, but probably not. I mean, we are talking about Iran. I don't think you can fire someone disparaging a member of the Axis of Evil. Right?

Kelly said...

*boggles*

Wow, that's just... just... crazed. How evil would she have to be just to think that? And how stupid to say it?

Obviously she's bucking for a better job.

zach said...

the collective head will never explode. the collective head is mush. it is a soft underbelly, not a head at all. it deflects all stress so that it will not have to actually engage in the brutal hypocrisy that you mention, or any other complicated mental discourse (especially if it takes too long.)

mush!

Bob said...

So let me see if I understand this: RuPaul's older, careworn brother works for the Bush administration?

Of course s/he's angry: if someone gave you a haircut like that, you'd be angry, too.

Ibn Bint Jbeil said...

i wish i had enough guts to don hair such is his/hers!

or maybe not. just the iron cross will do me fine for accessorizing.

eh, i'l just take the jacket.

Anonymous said...

What I love best is the absence of this occurence in most of the mainstream news media. I just leraned about it through a reference in the NYTimes Op/Ed.

I wonder what would've happened if someone had said they hate... hmm... let's just for the sake of argument say Israelis. Then she'd prob be fired for being anti-semitic.

Anonymous said...

This is why U.S. want to destroy these iranian fags(maybe all)

Anonymous said...

Probably most of iranians just like this fag.Because They don't like womans..

Anonymous said...

Think man...If you prevent woman in our life.what will happen probably a fag disaster

Anonymous said...

I think in there(iran),there are too much secret fags...