Saturday, December 8, 2007

Happy Eidkwanhanmastice! See you in 2008!


Hello folks! Long time, no speak. Well, the last month or so of the year -- from Thanksgiving to the upcoming holidays (Eid Al-Adha, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Winter Solstice, New Year's Eve & Day) is a time of reflection for all sorts of people, and So Bored is no different. Like many bloggers 'around' me (thy passing is mourned, supernegro.com), I've been doing some hard thinking about why I started a blog, how much of my time it should take up, etc. And what I've decided is this:

Starting the first week in January, So Bored will become active again, but only once a week. My hope with this is that I can consistently put together a quality little 'magazine' of stuff without neglecting the eighty million other things in the life of Saladin.

In the mean time and in-between time, some diversions aimed at

Your memory banks:


Your disgust with politicians...

...and your sense of wonder at the power of misdirected human potential:

Happy Holidays, all. See you next year!

4 comments:

Ibn Bint Jbeil said...

welcome back..

loved the sesame street counting song.. inspired me to post one too!

as for the football halftime crap, the beginning of their musical number is a russian-esque tune also used by the rahbani brother in a fairuz song.. wait till the middle of the video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6l__SJYgPFI

Ibn Bint Jbeil said...

oh and happy merry jolly glorious mubarak to you too!

Invisible Woman said...

I understand...I am just posting when I feel like it now, and it's usually just one or two at a time, instead of four every day like I used to. It's good to set limits so you don't burn out.

Happy Holidays...see you in January!

Wanda said...

welcome back again! i havent been posting as much, so I understand how you can get worn down (especially IW!). I was in marching band though and we did our fair share of dances and formations, so I can't hate. They did a good job. :)